Folks come to the Mayan Dude Ranch to ride our horses, but they soon find out that there is just as much fun to be had out of the saddle, as in it.
Trailrides, Horseback Riding
Our guests get two rides a day: one in the morning and one in the afternoon. They are all single file with a cowboy guide and last about 50 minutes. We allow no exceptions.
A word about the trailrides:
- Due to all insurance company requirements, children under six (6) years of age are not able to participate on the trailrides. However, we know how much the little one's want to sit in the saddle, so at scheduled times, our wranglers will put them up on a horse and lead them around the corral. Cribs are unavailable.
- Texas law says we cannot put anyone in the saddle who weighs more than 240 lbs.
The Mayan Dude Ranch is a big ranch and we have our meals and activities "spread all over the spread." Don't worry, a hayride will take you to the Cowboy Breakfast and to Hicksville (our own little Western Town). Sometimes the hayride will just take you out under the beautiful Texas stars for the pure fun of it. Hey, there's a bonfire, let's stop for a sing-along!
Music and Dancing
During the summertime, and sometimes during the off season, we put on shows: musicals, comedies -- just good fun entertainment.
We also have musical groups and cowboys to play for you during your meal.
Want to dance but don't know how? Don't worry. We'll teach you the Texas Two-Step, the Cotton-Eyed Joe, and a lot of modern line dance techniques.
More Fun Stuff
Dino Track Viewings with Jurassic Judy
Stargazing with astronomer Eddie of Star Party America
Bonfire + Marshmallow Roasts
(not at the ranch itself, but we're only minutes away from a great course).
Weekly Activity Schedule
The Mayan Ranch 2022 weekly activity schedule is effective May 29th to August 14th, 2022, during our "summer season."
Before summer season, choose your days and enjoy Cowboy Breakfast cooked on the open range, horseback riding, hayrides, roping, fishing, hiking through the cedar hills, fossil finding, birdwatching, treks to the dinosaur tracks with Jurassic Judy, peacock feather hunting, dance lessons, swimming in our Texas-sized pool (not heated), ping-pong, tennis, basketball, volleyball, BBQ cook-outs, Mexican fiestas, bonfire/marshmallow roasts, and music.
This year marks our 70th year in the saddle. Since 1951, we have been blessed to experience and celebrate seven decades of making Mayan guests happy!
Begin your family vacation the Mayan-Way:
- True warmth, friendliness, the beauty of the unspoiled hills
- Introductory horse lesson with the “Ryan-stone” Cowboy
- Wildlife hayride
- Redneck, the longhorn, poses for photos
- Kowgirl Kel’s legendary cowboy bingo
- Steaks grilled to perfection on an open fire