The Mayan Ranch has a strict “NO PET” policy. This is to ensure the safety of our wildlife and domesticated animals on-site that can openly roam the premises.
Reservations & Rooms
- If your cabin has an indoor fire place, please bring your own fire starter and matches. We will provide firewood.
- Regardless of the time of the year, we have a two-night minimum.
- Please let us know if you will be arriving after 10pm.
- From May 29th to August 14th, 2022, there are no horse rides (it is the horses day off), Cowboy Breakfast, or lunch available on Sundays. Summer season may vary by a day or two from year to year; check the website or call for the most current date range.
- During this time, there are also no Monday or Saturday arrivals or departures.
- All our rides are strictly single-file at a walk with a guide – no exceptions.
- The Texas Bureau of Veterinary Public Health (Rules 169.81 – 169.89, 169.83) states that no horse may carry more than 20% of its own weight. Our biggest horses weigh in at about 1220 lbs. meaning they can’t carry over 240-244 lbs.
- Rider age: minimum 6 years. Due to all insurance company requirements, children under six (6) years of age are not able to participate on the trailrides. However, we know how much the little one’s want to sit in the saddle, so at scheduled times, our wranglers will put them up on a horse and lead them around the corral. Cribs are unavailable.
- Rider release form is required to be signed by adult.
- Our guests get two rides a day: one in the morning and one in the afternoon. They are all single file with a cowboy guide and last about 50 minutes. We allow no exceptions.
- Please make sure you arrive by 2pm if you wish to ride the day you check in.
Amenities and More
- The Mayan Ranch has a strict “NO PET” policy. This is to ensure the safety of our wildlife and domesticated animals on-site that can openly roam the premises.
- Being that we are a Dude Ranch located in Texas, we serve a lot of beef. As such, we are not equipped or staffed to make special dietary meals; please plan accordingly.
- Wi-fi is available.
- We have a beer and wine permit, and it does NOT include liquor.
- If you wish to fish, please bring your own fishing gear.
- Please bring your own hairdryer or iron, if you require these for grooming.
- In compliance with TCEQ regulations, no outdoor fires are allowed.